giovedì 11 settembre 2008

11/9/2008

Morning task: try to figure out how i18n works.



Setting a text variable in a .properties file and referencing it in the view is working.

I.e., if the file is called assigned_portlet.properties, and its path in the plugin dir is

src/etc/com/atlassian/jira/plugin/portlets/example/assigned/assigned_portlet.properties

it should be referenced in the atlassian-plugin.xml with a line like this one:

<resource type="i18n" name="i18n" location="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.portlets.
example.assigned.assigned_portlet">

Now, I have to understand which variables or properties are not explicitely being assigned by the user.



Update: I think those values are being set in another file; the problem is that I have only the jar file and I'm not able to see the source code of it. As a developer, trying to evaluate a product like jira without being able to see its code, is really a tough task.

In the afternoon I switched to a simplier task. I'm writing a paper about available Jira plugins for agile developers.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento